HARRISBURG – As co-chairs of the Basic Education Funding Commission, state Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and Sen. Kristin Phillips-Hill, R-York, today announced details of the commission’s fourth hearing:
WHEN: Thursday, September 21 at 10 a.m.
WHERE: Lincoln Middle School, School Board Room, 1001 Lehigh Ave., Lancaster
WHAT: Testimonies will include discussion of equity and perspectives of teachers, local school district, and the community.
Hosted by Sturla, the agenda is:
10:00 a.m. Call to Order and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel One:
- David Lapp, Director of Policy Research, Research for Action
- Marc Stier, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Policy Center
10:50 a.m. Panel Two:
- Laura Boyce, Pennsylvania Executive Director, Teach Plus
- Kristen Haase, Senior Policy Fellow and SDOL Teacher, Teach Plus
- Dominque Botto, Leader, POWER Interfaith
- Brenda Morales, Leader, POWER Interfaith
- Rev. Dr. Gregory Edwards, Chief of Staff, POWER Interfaith
11:30 a.m. Panel Three:
- Dr. Keith Miles, Superintendent, The School District of Lancaster
- Matt Przywara, Assistant Superintendent, The School District of Lancaster
12:00 p.m. Closing Remarks and Adjournment
The public can submit comments to be entered into the record at www.basiceducationfundingcommission.com/contact.
The hearing will be streamed live at www.basiceducationfundingcommission.com/meetings.