HARRISBURG – As co-chairs of the Basic Education Funding Commission, state Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and Sen. Kristin Phillips-Hill, R-York, today announced details of the commission’s second hearing:
WHEN: Wednesday, September 13 at 9 a.m.
WHERE: North Office Building, Hearing Room 1, Capitol Complex, Harrisburg
WHAT: Testimonies will include discussion of Commonwealth Court’s ruling that Pennsylvania’s school funding system is unconstitutional and how other states are handling school funding.
The agenda is:
9:00 a.m. Call to Order and Opening Remarks
9:10 a.m. Panel One:
- Dan Urevick-Ackelsberg. Senior Attorney, The Public Interest Law Center
- Maura McInerney, Legal Director, Education Law Center
- David McAndrews, Superintendent, Panther Valley School District
- Brian Costello, Superintendent, Wilkes Barre School District
10:10 a.m. Panel Two:
- Mike Griffith, Senior Researcher and Policy Analyst, The Learning Policy Institute
- Danielle Farrie, Research Director, Education Law Center of NJ
11:00 a.m. Closing Remarks and Adjournment
The public can submit comments to be entered into the record via the Contact Us section of the commission’s website: www.basiceducationfundingcommission.com.
The hearing will be streamed live at www.basiceducationfundingcommission.com/meetings/.