HARRISBURG – As co-chairs of the Basic Education Funding Commission, state Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and Sen. Kristin Phillips-Hill, R-York, today announced details of the commission’s first hearing:
WHEN: Tuesday, September 12 at 10 a.m.
WHERE: Allentown School District Administration Building, School Board Room, 31 South Penn Street, Allentown.
WHAT: Testimonies will include discussion of a new study regarding adequate school funding, perspective of local superintendents, and school facilities’ environmental impact. Hosted by Rep. Pete Schweyer, D-Lehigh, and Sen. Nick Miller, D-Lehigh/Northampton, the agenda is:
10:00 a.m. Call to Order and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Dr. Matthew Kelly, Assistant Professor, Penn State University
10:45 a.m. Panel One:
- Dr. Carol Birks, Superintendent, Allentown School District
- Dr. Jack Silva, Superintendent, Bethlehem School District
- Lynn Fueini-Hetten, Superintendent, Salisbury School District
11:35 a.m. Panel Two:
- Julie Cousler, Executive Director, Pennsylvania School-Based Health Alliance
- Dr. Marilyn Howarth, FACOEM, Deputy Director, Philadelphia Regional Center for Children’s Environmental Health
12:00 p.m. Closing Remarks and Adjournment
The public can submit comments to be entered into the record via the Contact Us section of the commission’s website: www.basiceducationfundingcommission.com.
The hearing will be streamed live at www.basiceducationfunding.com/meetings.